Houchins is an elegant Grade 2* listed farmhouse with beautiful and comfortable accommodation for the bridal party and a splendid new barn complex. Houchins caters for weddings and civil ceremonies from 25 - 150+ people, offering a choice of indoor grandeur, outdoor simplicity or a combination of the two.
Houchins has been four years in planning. It is run by Adam and Anna Dixon-Smith who have over ten years experience operating Dove Barn, their wedding barn near Sudbury in Suffolk. Adam grew up at Houchins and is determined that no-one will leave without sharing his happy memories of the place! He and his team of wedding and event planners are on hand to make sure that each wedding meets the expectations of every bride and groom.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse – previous guests are reputed to include Oliver Cromwell and silent film siren,Tallulah Bankhead!
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Houchins is now available for viewings every Saturday and Sunday afternoon and at other times by arrangement. Please contact us to fix your appointment.
Houchins is easy to find. It is half a mile off the A120, one mile east of Coggeshall. That means it is just 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, half an hour from Chelmsford, approximately 35 minutes from Stansted and about 1 hour 30 minutes from Central London.
And unlike some rural locations, it also has a good mobile phone signal!
|The Drawing Room||yes||25||-||25||-||25||-||-|
|The Dining Room||yes||12||-||-||-||-||20||-|
|The Barn Complex||yes||-||-||120||-||-||140||-|